The wrestling angel gifted Jacob with a limp as a permanent reminder of his encounter with God. Jacob's life-long policy was to run. His final glory was that he learned to lean (Hebrews 11:21). A wound is a good thing if it is accepted as a stewardship from God, appropriated as a channel of God's strength and consecrated to God's purpose. Where dependence is the objective weakness is the advantage.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Good Question


"... the most intractable of all human questions: what are we on earth for? Is history merely a series of events whose sum is meaningless? Is there no fundamental moral difference between the history of the human race and the history, say, of ants?
Or is there a providential plan of which we are, however humbly, the agents?"
Paul Johnson
A History of the Jews (1987)

3 comments:

Elspeth Liebenberg said...

Dear Ronnie and Jane,

I feel like I am pretty up to date with your lives as I follow Ronnie’s blog avidly and quote you so much that my colleagues know you as well!

Last week I attended a retreat for mission leaders (24 people, 2 of them women – nothing to make two women bond instantly like that kind of ratio!) and met Pranesh Anandlal there. We instantly established a Ronnie Stevens fan club, and are talking about getting you here in SA to serve both our missions. Don’t know when yet, but just wanted you to know that we are both serious about it.

Wouldn’t it be great?

Love,
Elspeth

Ján Sáreník said...

Dear Ronnie,

since I left FaceBook, I was not able to find your e-mail address. Please let me know what your address is, write me at jasan `at` x31 `dot` com. Thank you. Ján (Brno)

Elspeth Liebenberg said...

Ronnie, I also seem to have an obsolete e-mail address for you, as my message returns to me as "undeliverable". Please send your address to me at elspeth.liebenberg@cccsa.org.za?